Lifetime access to this online course because ADHD lasts a lifetime!
Option 1 - Only ZAR 495 (USD 30) for lifetime access to this course with free e-mail support and optional paid Skype or Zoom sessions
Option 2 Kick Start - ZAR 990 (USD 64) - as above but "Kick Start" the course with a single Skype or Zoom session with you and your partner if available that lasts an hour.
Option 3 Kick Start +- ZAR 1390 (USD 90) - Option 2 + an additional Skype or Zoom session anytime after the completion of Module 4
*ZAR = South African Rands
Parent Training has proven to be the key to managing ADHD in the family.
Strong family involvement makes all other therapies such as medication, nutrition, exercise, OT and other therapies work properly. It also makes for a happier family life whenever ADHD is present.
4 out of 5 children with ADHD have at least one ADHD Parent who is quite probably struggling to manage his or her own ADHD.
The Living ADDventure ADHD Online Parenting Course is created and presented by Dave Pughe-Parry the founder of Living ADDventure.
Although created with ADHD parents in mind, it is a great parenting course for all parents, au pairs, teachers etc.
In the 21st century most of us display many ADHD behaviours as we are distracted by technology and extremely hectic lifestyles.
For several years we have run this course in a Support Group format with groups of between 4 and 10 members who meet once a week for 12 weeks.
It is an online programme and each module contains the following:
- Videos for each module
- Notes and other documents
- Chapters of our audio book, “I’m Audacious, Original and Innovative … I have ADHD”
- Free e-mail support and optional paid Skype support
- A private Facebook group to share your successes and difficulties
At the bottom of this page you can watch 4 short video clips telling you more about the course.
- Introduction To ADHD
- What it is and what it isn't
- ADHD Myths & Legends
- How The ADHD Brain Works
- The Diagnostic Process
- Symptoms vs Impairments
- The Types of ADHD
- Critical Steps In The Process
- Co-Occurring Conditions
- 5 Categories of Co-Occurring Conditions
- The Extremes Of ADHD
- Bi-Polar and ADHD Mood Swings
- The Living ADDventure® Basic Treatment Wheel - Multi-disciplinary Treatment
- To medicate or not – that’s NOT the right question!
- The basic treatment components
- Sport and Exercise
- Behavioural symptoms
- Changing the behaviour
- Parenting - The Toughest Job In The World
- Lead Lions – don’t herd cats
- Consistent structure
- Half-a-4-letter word
- Us against the problem
- The Role of The Family - Part 1
- Hiding Your Buttons
- Parents working together
- Setting goals
- The Importance of family meetings
- The Role of The Family - Part 2
- No more rules
- Setting boundaries
- Determining appropriate discipline
- Disciplines 4’s
- Inspiring Positive Attitude
- Choosing wisely
- I can do this
- Being my best NOW is the best I can be
- Attitude is a decision
- Failing For Success
- What is failing?
- Lazy buds and late bloomers
- Enthusiastic failures
- Learning from failure
- Allowing your child to fail
- Communication and ADHD
- Everyday communication
- Ears and mouth – the correct proportion
- Filling the gaps
- Engaged listening
- Deep sexy voices
- Body language
- Creating Consistent Structure.
- Adapting the physical environment
- Minimizing distractions
- Family structure
We are born with ADHD and we die with ADHD, so we give you access to each course you buy for as long as you like - basically for your lifetime.
- Work at your own pace
- Dip back-in at any time you get stuck with a problem, or if you are in need of some inspiration
- Refresh your knowledge for new circumstances - ADHD in children changes as they get older
Very soon after he started coaching people who have ADHD, Dave Pughe-Parry, the founder of Living ADDventure® found that getting family, friends, and teachers involved was the key to creating lasting changes.
Non-ADHD members need to learn how to deal with their ADHD children, parents, siblings and even extended family and school. The workplace is difficult and must be handled with care, as victimisation can occur.
This is why Dave embarked on a program of training teachers so everyone could be on the same page and work together.
In 2011 Dave created the first version of this course for support groups of between 4 and 10 members who met once a week for 12 weeks where a different module was covered each week. These were extremely successful but our reach was limited to where we were based or where we had trained support group leaders.
As our clients are spread throughout the world and Skype one-on-one coaching is neither accessible or affordable for everyone, we decided to create our own online training platform where we have launched this Parenting Course.
Our Living ADDventure® Study Skills Course will be coming soon and we will continue to add new courses in the future.
- Au Pairs
... in fact anyone who lives with or cares for someone with ADHD.
If you employ an Au Pair and you have ADHD in your family you will really help your Au Pair to care for your children in the most effective way. Knowledge is power.
- Access to the internet
- You can access the course via your desktop, tablet, laptop or smartphone
- A file to put your notes into if you like to print them
Provided you complete all 12 modules and answer the final questionnaire we will issue a certificate of completion in pdf format which will be mailed to you. You also need to have been enrolled in the course for at least 3 weeks.
You have 2 payment options
1. You can pay via Master or Visa Card or direct EFT using the secure Payfast gateway.
Click the Buy Now button for the option you want to purchase your course. You will be taken to the PayFast website.
After you have made payment you will be directed to our thank you page with the next step to enroll in the course.
Option 1 - R495 - lifetime access + free e-mail support and optional Skype Support
Option 2 - Kickstart - R990 - lifetime access + 1 Skype or Zoom session at start of the course + free e-mail support and optional Skype Support